Back to School with Healthy Kids!
Cool, crisp air has arrived and the leaves have begun to fall. Yellow buses amble through our neighborhoods while the sounds of marching bands fill the air. Yes, it’s back to school time again and our kids are settling into the joys and pressures of another school year. Many of us have already begun to experience the challenges of transitioning from the carefree summer life of sleeping in, waterparks, and Netflix to the hectic flurry of alarm clocks, homework and extracurricular activities.
This past week Sonja and I hosted a Back to School Class that was chock full of great information geared to help our children deal with the rigors of the school year. Young Living has great products that give our kids the support they need to thrive physically, mentally and emotionally, and be at their best every day! I was amazed to learn that just one drop of an essential oil has 40 million-trillion molecules. Since there are 100 trillion cells in our bodies, just one drop of oil has enough molecules to cover every cell in our bodies with 40,000 molecules! (Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple, Dr. David Stewart PhD)
Here are a few more things I took away from Sonja’s presentation:
Young Living has great products to support your child’s immune system to stay healthy & strong:
- Ningxia Red™: supports all nine bodily systems!
- Thieves®: Supports the following body systems: Immune System, Digestive System, Cardiovascular System, Respiratory System, Endocrine System
- Oregano: has wide-reaching health benefits, but is most associated with respiratory and immune system health.
- TIP: Apply Thieves and Oregano to the bottom of your child’s feet before heading to school each day!
Focus and Clarity:
YL has great products to support your child’s ability to focus and think clearly:
- Lemon, Brain Power™ and Clarity™ support focus!
- Vetiver, Cedarwood & Lavender are a great combination for focus and clarity.
- Tip: purchase a diffuser necklace and blend these three oils together to inhale all day at school!
YL offers these products to support our children emotionally. Our youngest daughter has used these oils to support her mood – she is 13 years old… enough said. The difference they made was almost shocking. Lets just say we knew when she wasn’t using her oils.
Eating a nutritious breakfast with protein and fruit will help your child with concentration and energy.
- Pack a nutritious lunch that’s sugar free, with complex carbohydrates, protein and veggies.
- Avoid all processed sugars
- Remind your child to drink plenty of water, especially after being outside!
Sleep and Rest:
Sleep is so important to help their bodies heal from a stressful day at school.
- Get your kids into a routine of getting at least 10 hours of sleep. Try to keep the same schedule on weekends if possible.
- One hour before bed it is helpful to have downtime that consists of:
- No media – reading instead of TV
- Lights down low
- A diffuser filling the air with Peace & Calming™
- Caffeine can hinder sleep, especially taken in the afternoon or later.
Weary and in need of a boost? Try these natural energy products from Young Living instead of soda and sugar drinks. Our girls and their friends love Zyng!
- NingXia ZYNG is a light, sparkling beverage that delivers a splash of hydrating energy. Fueled by a proprietary blend of pure black pepper and lime essential oils, wolfberry puree, and white tea extract, this blend is a unique, delicious, and refreshing experience. No artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives, just hydrating energy with natural lime and black pepper essential oils, light carbonation and only 35 calories. Kids love it!!
- Ningxia Nitro™ combines 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils (vanilla, chocolate, yerba mate, spearmint, peppermint, wolfberry) with naturally powerful ingredients (green tea, bilberry, Korean ginseng, blueberries, cherries, B vitamins & more) to lift mental clarity and focus while also providing a surge of energy when needed! Enhances athletic endurance and performance. This is a great natural pick-me up!
Everything starts in the gut!
- KidScents® MightyZyme is an all-natural, vegetarian, chewable tablet designed to address each of the digestive needs of growing bodies and assist normal digestion of all foods.
- Life 5™ is a high-potency probiotic that provides five clinically proven probiotic strains including two advanced super strains to enhance intestinal health, sustain energy and improve immunity.
It’s the little things than can help keep illness-causing germs away:
- Washing hands and using Thieves hand sanitizer often throughout the day
- Drink water out of your own cup or bottle – do not share.
Young Living has formulated gentler blends, mild and easy to use for the little ones:
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy school year!